Secular Student Alliance Seeks IT Manager
The Secular Student Alliance seeks a full-time staffer to meet the IT needs of our growing organization. The Secular Student Alliance supports a network of over 350 atheist, agnostic, and humanist groups on high school and college campuses. The Secular Student Alliance is a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit.
This position is based out of our offices in Columbus, OH. This is not a telecommuting position. This is a salaried position and the hours are typically 9-5 on weekdays. Occasional evenings and weekends will be required. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position includes fully-funded health and dental coverage.
The most important duty of the IT Manager will be to manage and improve our Drupal/CiviCRM-based website and CRM system to better meet the needs of our staff, and the students we support.
Additionally the IT Manager will be responsible for:
- Defining technology priorities with other staff, developing long-term strategies to manage and scale the organization's IT solutions and implementing those strategies (with a focus on data management)
- Documenting tools for non-technical staff, training staff on the tools, and providing support
- Deploying and maintaining PCs for about 20 employees and volunteers, some of which are remote
- Managing local area network (router, switches, APs, structured cabling), network storage, network printers and VoIP phones
- Managing Asterisk-based phone system
- Managing hosted services (LAMP web site, Google app suite, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong ability to learn; ability to follow instructions well; strong analytical skills
- Ability to write documentation for non-technical staff
- Ability to train other staff on how to use web based tools
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction
- Basic end-user understanding of LAMP environment
- Programming experience in any applicable language
- HTML and CSS experience
- Basic familiarity with PC hardware
- Basic support skills for Windows 7 and MS Office Suite
- Two years of college or equivalent post-high school education
- One to three years of tech support, system administration, or programming experience.
- Drupal experience
- CiviCRM experience
- PHP experience
- MySQL or other RDBMS experience
- Extensive programming experience in any applicable language; familiarity with the application development lifecycle
- Graphic design skills
- Support skills for Mac
- Familiarity with Asterisk-based or other VoIP phone systems
- Familiarity with local area networking
- Experience maintaining workgroup/department printers
- A degree in computer science or a related field
To apply for this job please send your resume and answers to the following screening questions to [email protected] by May 24th, 2012.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- When would you be available to start?
- Can you prove that you are either a citizen of the United States or a legal worker?
- What experience do you have with programming?
- What experience do you have working with open source software?
- What experience do you have writing documentation?
- What experience do you have working Content Management Systems like Drupal?
- What experience do you have working with Constituent Relationships Management packages like CiviCRM?
- Do you have any reservations about collaborating with people who are much older or younger than you, or are of a different ethnic group, sexual orientation, or philosophical or political belief?
- Do you have any reservations about supporting the SSA's cause? (The two most controversial elements of that cause being: 1. promoting respect and equal rights for atheists, agnostics, humanists and others that do not believe in a god AND 2. deep skepticism of the supernatural.)
- From what you know about the Secular Student Alliance, what do you like the best?
- From what you know about the Secular Student Alliance, what do you see as the most urgent area for improvement?
- Please give the names and phone numbers of at least two work or academic references. Personal references are not required.
- Is there anything else you would like us to know as we consider your application?