- Lives in Madison, WI and loves to travel
- Degrees include:
- Bachelor of Science in neuroscience and environmental science, cum laude
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Masters of Law, summa cum laude
- Speaking events:
- Awards include:
- FFRF Graduate Student Essay Contest, Second Place 2010
- Haber J. McCarthy Excellence in Environmental Law Award
- Outstanding Masters of Law Student, Denver University Law School
- Article on debunking the Christian Nation Myth and the myth that the US was founded on Judeo-Christian Principles, which he is expanding into a book right now!
- Andrew frequently writes for FFRF’s blog, including publishing his groundbreaking archaeological discovery—a letter written from Jesus to Joseph that he translated with a magic seeing stone and hat (it’s satire folks).
- Our First Freedom: Exposing the Catholic Church’s attempt to Redefine Religious Liberty
- Guest blogger for Forbes.com. Read here and here.
- Forthcoming book on international human rights
- Attorney, Photographer, Writer, and Former Grand Canyon Tour Guide.
I currently work as an attorney at the Freedom From Religion Foundation. My job is to educate the public about non-theism and to ensure that the Establishment Clause of the Constitution is upheld. I love my job. Each day I work to uphold the separation of state and church, which ensures the freedom for every American.
Hitch said, “you don't so much as become an atheist as find out that's what you are.” Religion has never made sense to me. I didn't have the courage to call myself an atheist until I read the God Delusion during law school. The coincidence of my godless enlightenment and my legal education changed my life. Now my passion is fighting theocracy.
For more information on Andrew, check out the below links:
- Freethought Fest 2012 talk
- 1 Minute Why I'm an Atheist
- Farewell tribute to Christopher Hitchens http://ffrf.org/news/blog/goodbye-hitch-and-thank-you/
- FFRF Award Winning Essay
- FFRF profile
Andrew would enjoy speaking on the following topics:
- The Christian Nation Myth and the myth that the US was founded on Judeo-Christian principles - Andrew has researched and written on this topic and can easily shred these claims. He is also currently working on a book on this subject.
- How to find a job in Freethought - Andrew would love to share the story of finding a job in the movement and what he did right and wrong. This talk can be very benficial to college students, especially those graduating. This talk was first given at the SSA's 2012 Annual Conference.
- The Horrors of the Ten Commandments.
- Andrew would enjoy debating on topics relating to his field of expertise.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.