- Located in Minneapolis, MN
- August Berkshire co-founded the Twin Cities Chapter of American Atheists in 1984, which became Minnesota Atheists in 1991. He has been president of these organizations for 8 of the past 24 years (1984-1988, 2002-2004, 2008).
- August is a member of Minnesota Atheists' Public Policy Committee, First Amendment Watchdog Committee, and Building Committee. He is a past editor of the Minnesota Atheists newsletter past director of the "Atheists Talk" radio program.
- He is a frequent speaker on atheism at public schools, religious institutions, and Christian talk radio. He is also a lobbyist for state/church separation at the Minnesota State Capitol.
August has the ATHEIST car license plate in Minnesota and is listed in the reference book Who's Who in Hell. His writings can be found at his website: AugustBerkshire.com, which also provides links to many other useful articles and books. Some of his pamphlets can also be found at the SSA website, in copy-ready layouts as pdf files.
August will work with the hosting school group to keep his visit free or very low cost.
- Exploring Atheism (one hour presentation)
- Morality with and without God (30-40 minute presentation)
- The Problem of Evil (30 minute presentation)
- Does God Exist?
- Can We Be Good Without God?
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.