- Located in Lunenburg, Massachusetts
- Author of Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans
- President of the American Humanist Association
- Attorney who has litigated on behalf of Secular Americans
- Humanist blog at Psychology Today, called "Our Humanity, Naturally."
David Niose has served as president of the American Humanist Association since 2009, and he also serves as vice president of the Secular Coalition for America. He is author of Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans, which was released by Palgrave Macmillan in July 2012. Niose advocates for an identity-oriented approach to secular activism, arguing that the emergence of a secular demographic in America will be the best antidote to the pervasive influence of the Religious Right. As an attorney he has implemented a legal strategy to enforce the rights of atheists and humanists via the avenue of equal protection law, arguing that governmental religiosity is discriminatory toward nonbelievers. His popular blog at Psychology Today ("Our Humanity, Naturally") regularly advocates for the secular view on culture-war issues.
Find another short video of him here.
David is able to speak on the following topics:
- Secular activism strategy and tactics
- church-state separation and legal issues involving atheists-humanists
- culture-war issues
- politics and government
- the history of the Religious Right and the secular movement
David asks for a $300 honorarium but is always willing to work with affiliates in case funding is a concern.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.