Annie Laurie Gaylor
- Located in Madison, WI
- Co-founder and Co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Editor of Freethought Today (1985-2009; now executive editor not acting editor)
- Author of "Woe to the Women: the Bible tells Me So", "Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children", & "Women Without Superstition: No Gods - No Masters"
- Twitter: @algaylor
Ms. Gaylor co-founded the Freedom From Religion Foundation with her mother Anne Nicol Gaylor 1976 while she was a college student. FFRF, with over 18,500 members is the nation's largest association of freethinkers (atheists and agnostics) working to keep state and church separate. She has appeared on numerous talk shows, including The O'Reilly Factor, National News Segments and CNN, as well as Sally Jessy Raphael and Donahue. Ms. Gaylor is a vocal feminist and was on her first feminist picket line at age 14.
Annie Laurie can talk on:
- FFRF activism and current litigation such as FFRF's historic challenge of the National Day of Prayer, the need for freedom from religion, current threats to the separation of church and state, and the harm of religion to women from the perspective of a 3rd generation freethinker.
- Upon request, she can give a power point presentation on "Women Without Superstition", showcasing the historic contributions of female freethinkers, based on the anthology she edited.
Annie Laurie also co-hosts the weekly podcast Freethought Radio with husband Dan Barker.
|This speaker is sponsored by the |
Freedom From Religion Foundation.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.