Dr. Darrel Ray
- Located in Bonner Springs, KSOrganizational psychologist with lifelong interest in the psychology of religion
- Author of three books, two in organizational psychology and one on religious infection
- Principal researcher on the recent report: Sex and Secularism: What Happens When You Leave Religion, A survey of 10,000 American secularists
- Founder of Recovering from Religion - "Learning the joy of faith free living" www.recoveringreligionists.com
- Raised in a fundamentalist home.
- Professional speaker, trainer and consultant
- Hobbies include mountain climbing, skiing, gardening, reading and travel
Darrel attended church, taught Sunday school, was a tenor soloist, and even preached on occasion throughout his 20's and into his mid-thirties but nothing about religion seemed to add up. By age 35 he was an agnostic and by 40, atheist. He continued to be curious about the inner workings of religion and how it impacts and infects people. His research and writing led him to Memetics, and provided the seed upon which to research and write about religion as a parasitic meme, culminating in his latest book The God Virus: How Religion Infects Our Lives and Culture (IPC Press, 2009). Darrel is also founder of Recovering from Religion, an organization dedicated to helping people heal the emotional damage of religious programming and learn the joy of faith free living.
|The SSA at UNO with Darrel Ray|
Darrel just released his newest book, Sex and God: How Religion Distorts Sexuality.
Darrel's talk topics include:
- Religion, an infection of the mind
- Exposing The God Virus
- Psychological principles and techniques used in religious infection - sex, fear, conditioned response, hypnosis
- Sex and Secularism
Darrel's honorarium is $200 for normal speaking events.If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.