- Located in San Francisco, CA
- Writer, Public Speaker, Historical Researcher
- Director/Co-Founder of both the world's first Atheist Film Festival and Evolutionpalooza!, San Francisco's oldest annual Darwin Day celebration
- Author of NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All
- Has spoken around the country at national conventions such as American Atheists, American Humanist Association, Rapture Day, and Skepticon
David Fitzgerald has been called "one of the busiest atheist activists in the Bay Area." In addition to serving on the board of San Francisco Atheists and Center For Inquiry-SF, he is also the Director/Co-Founder of both the world's first Atheist Film Festival and Evolutionpalooza!, San Francisco's oldest annual Darwin Day celebration.
In addition, he is a writer and historical researcher who has been actively investigating the Historical Jesus question for over ten years. He has a degree in history and was an associate member of CSER (the former Committee for the Scientific Examination of Religion). He is at work on the follow-up book to his NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All (Secretly, he is also a fiction writer under the name Kilt Kilpatrick).
He lectures around the country at universities, churches and national secular events (he is always a crowd favorite at Skepticon!) and may be best known for his popular multimedia presentations The Ten Thousand Christs and the Evaporating Jesus and The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion. He also speaks to religious groups such as Stands to Reason. David lives in San Francisco with writer, producer and movie actress Dana Fredsti.
David is currently working on a new book about Mormonism. Would you like to support his work and get a copy? You can get your copy of "The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion -Book One: The Mormons" early, autographed AND and at a very juicy discount! Pre-order today!
A Short List of Topics David is Eager and Qualified to Talk About:
Prepared Presentations Include:
- “Ten Beautiful Lies about Jesus” Argues why the “Real Jesus” of secular historians is just as mythical as the “Jesus of Faith.” Popular talk.
- "The Ten Thousand Christs and the Evaporating Jesus" - Lays out the Jesus Myth theory (that Jesus of Nazareth wasn't a historical figure at all) - more fun than it sounds!
- "The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion: Mormonism" - Drags all the skeletons out from Joseph Smiths closet.
- He is also flirting with the idea of bringing the Atheist Film Festival on the road, or just spreading the idea as a DIY project for local groups interested in putting on their own AFFs.
- I can also put together presentations on a variety of other topics. Currently I'm putting together one on the Darwinian evolution of western religion in the works as part of "The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion" series, which I hope to keep adding to. Oh, and I also am working on one on Atheist Activism with the working title "Atheist World Domination -A How-to Guide." I also enjoy doing debates and/or dialogues with believers, workshops, and talking about better ways to promote atheism without being a dick about it.
David charges a $100 honorarium from any group hosting him.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.