Interfaith Youth Core Leadership Institutes 2013/14
In 2013/14, IFYC is headed to Chicago (June 21-23), New York City (August 11-13), Atlanta (Jan 31-Feb 2, 2014), and Los Angeles (Feb 15-17, 2014) to host their annual Leadership Institutes! If your SSA affiliate is involved with interfaith activism, or is interested in being involved, then IFYC's Interfaith Leadership Institutes are a great way to gain interfaith skills and learn more about being involved.
At the ILI,
- Students train to be interfaith leaders who build relationships across identities, tell powerful stories to bridge divides, and mobilize their campuses through interfaith projects.
- Staff and faculty network with other higher education professionals, share best practices, and partner with their students to transform their campuses
- All participants learn how the Better Together campaign and the President’s Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge can be catalysts for campus change.
This year, in an effort to make their conferences more accessible, IFYC is offering free registration (normally $299) for any current student that is recommended to them by an IFYC alumni:
1. Nominate a student to attend any of the ILIs for free.
- If a student is nominated by you, their $299 registration fee (not inclusive of lodging and travel) will be waived.
2. Nominate as many students as you’d like.
- If a student you nominate registers for an ILI, you will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
3. Email Prerna Abbi ([email protected]) with the name, email address, and college/university of the student you’d like to nominate.
- After you send us the information, we’ll reach out to the nominated student with all the important information and next steps.
4. Lastly, during each ILI, IFYC will be hosting a regional alumni dinner. These dinners will be a great chance for you to connect with IFYC staff, alumni, and a new batch of student interfaith leaders.