Secular Jobs & Internships
Looking for jobs and internships in the secular movement? Check here for listings!
If you are looking for a career in the movement, click here to check out advice and inspiration from other students who have been able to get a job doing what they love.
The Humanist Community at Harvard seeks Learning Lab Instructors
(Click here for more info)
The Humanist Community at Harvard seeks two part time Learning Lab Instructors. One instructor is needed for pre-K through early primary age and the other is needed for primary through early secondary age. Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare lesson plans for eight, 90-minute lessons, that align with the curriculum
- Work with Humanist Community at Harvard staff to secure any needed supplies or materials for lessons
- Teach lessons, manage classroom, and interact with parents before and after lessons
- Write lesson descriptions for a monthly newsletter
- Attend monthly curriculum committee meetings
- Meet periodically with Humanist Community at Harvard staff
- Other related duties as assigned by Humanist Community at Harvard staff
The anticipated time commitment for each position is approximately ten hours per month for ten months (two months of preparation over the summer and eight months of teaching over the academic year), and the total compensation for each position is $3000.
Ideal candidates need to have a commitment to educating youth and experience with the relevant age group. Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and references to Vanessa Zoltan at [email protected] no later than March 21st.
Humanists of Florida Association seeks several Volunteer Coordinators
(Click her for more info)
Humanists of Florida Associations seeks interested volunteer coordinator. Each coordinator will spend just a few hours a month to help promote Humanism. Check the link above to see if any coordinator positions listed is right for you.
Each position requires 2-3 hours per week. After 6 months of continuous volunteering with a positive review, a letter of recommendation will be given (upon request) as well as free admission to their annual conference.
Click here to read highlights from their last conference.You may apply for more than one position.
Atheist Alliance International seeks Social Media Administrator
(Click her for more info)
Atheist Alliance International (AAI) seeks a candidate to manage its social media channels and campaigns and to assist in membership management.
This is considered to be a part-time contract position consisting of 15-20 hours per week.
This position will be responsible for:
- Posting AAI campaign- and image-directed messages for AAI to social media channels, including Facebook; Twitter; Google+; and AtheistNexus.
- Coordinating AAI News Team and posting new articles from Team to the AAI website.
- Crafting campaign messages to be disseminated through email and social media, as directed by other AAI officers.
- Executing campaigns through AAI's social media platform as directed by other AAI officers.
- May also be responsible for scheduling & arranging for Secular World podcast co-hosts and guests as directed by other AAI officers.
The position will be as a contractor to AAI and be paid a rate of US $800-$1,200 per month, depending on experience and other skills brought to the position.
Position to be open until filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume and up to a page explaining your interest and the background you bring to this position to: [email protected].
International Institute for Secular Humansitic Judaism seeks Campus Outreach Coordinator
(Click her for more info)
- At least one year experience working with youth, with campus or community organizing, or in non-profit management.
- Strong identification with the ideas of cultural, Humanistic and Secular Judaism.
- Organized and professional with strong writing and computer skills. Graphic design skills a plus.
- Relates well to college-aged students, professors and university administrators.
Hours: 5-10 hours per week in first year
Compensation: $4,000 per year, to increase as job responsibilities increase
Job description may be downloaded here.
To learn more about the International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism, visit their website.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to:
International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism
[email protected] or 175 Olde Half Day Road, Suite 124, Lincolnshire, IL 60069
For more information contact IISHJ Dean for North America Adam Chalom at [email protected] or 847-383-6330.
Project Interfaith seeks several Internship Positions
Project Interfaith educates and engages people on issues of faith, religion, identity, interfaith relations, and religious and cultural diversity in new and interesting ways. They two motivated interns for Spring 2014. These internships are perfect for college students, recent graduates or those interested in getting non-profit experience. Click on the corresponding links below for more information.
- Communications Internship - This position is for someone interested in learning all aspects of media, social networking and outreach for a non-profit organization.
- Resource Internship - This intern will identify and compile credible resources for our website and develop other resources and materials as needed.
Center For Inquiry seeks Web Developer
The web developer maintains CFI's current suite of websites and web applications and also develops additional web-based solutions to address various needs. The web developer will work closely with the web designer to:
- develop ExpressionEngine-based dynamic websites
- develop dynamic, database-driven Ruby-on-Rails applications for solutions that fall outside the bounds of standard content-management systems
- plan strategies to ensure that all of CFI’s web assets are effectively designed, developed, and maintained
- create documentation for all of CFI’s current websites and web applications.
- demonstrable experience with the Ruby language and the Ruby-on-Rails web framework
- experience administering and configuring Linux/Apache servers
- strong knowledge of HTML and CSS standards and compliance
- the ability to discern the macroscopic goals of Center for Inquiry and its affiliate organizations in order to create web solutions that provide the best compromise between the needs of the organizations, the capabilities of a small web department, and the potential solutions provided by dynamic web applications:
Additional information can be found here.
The Web Developer position is located at CFI headquarters in Amherst, NY. Telecommuting is not available for this position. Salary is negotiable and based on the applicant’s experience. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected]
To apply, send the following to Anthony Graham:
Current curriculum vitae/resume.
Letter (max 400 words) expressing interest and demonstrating the desirable characteristics
Optional: additional links or attachments demonstrating relevant activities or skills
*note: all positions are currently unpaid and virtual*
For more information submit the contact form or email Anthony at:
Director of Membership Development
- In charge of recruitment and retention of members within The Secular Segment
- Develop ways to recruit members
- Improve member experience
- Coordinates and posts photos, videos, and news in respective sections
- Posts photos and videos to Facebook and Twitter pages
- Find and post multimedia and news articles to website
- Reports to Director of Media and Communications
Coordinator of Partnerships
- Recruits organizations for partnership status
- Coordinates relations with partner organizations
Blog Editor (Tradition of the Week)
- Updates blog on a weekly basis
- See Tradition of the Week page