- Located in Lunenburg, Massachusetts
- Author of Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans
- President of the Secular Coalition for America
- Attorney who has litigated on behalf of Secular Americans
- Humanist blog at Psychology Today, called "Our Humanity, Naturally."
- Twitter: @ahadave
David Niose is president of the Secular Coalition for America, and he also previously served as president of the American Humanist Association. He is author of Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans, which was released by Palgrave Macmillan in July 2012. Niose advocates for an identity-oriented approach to secular activism, arguing that the emergence of a secular demographic in America will be the best antidote to the pervasive influence of the Religious Right. As an attorney he has implemented a legal strategy to enforce the rights of atheists and humanists via the avenue of equal protection law, arguing that governmental religiosity is discriminatory toward nonbelievers. His popular blog at Psychology Today ("Our Humanity, Naturally") regularly advocates for the secular view on culture-war issues.
David is able to speak on the following topics:
- Secular activism strategy and tactics
- church-state separation and legal issues involving atheists-humanists
- culture-war issues
- politics and government
- the history of the Religious Right and the secular movement
David will discuss honorarium on a case-by-case basis and is very negotiable.
If you're interested in having this speaker come to your school and give a presentation, click here to fill out our online Speaker Request form.