|Faisal Saeed Al-Mutar |
- Located in Houston, TX.
- Born in June 16th 1991, right after first gulf war, lived all childhood under Sanctions and Saddam Hussein Nationalist and Islamist Dictatorship.
- The 2nd chapter of my life starts with the U.S Intervention in 2003 and the Civil War between Sunnis and Shias
- Late 2007 my eldest brothers was killed in Iraq by Al Qaeda which ruined the family since then.
- I lived in exile from September 2009 in many countries across the Middleeast east and South East Asia.
March 2013: I arrived to the United States.
- Education: Computer Science (Started 2011) going to continue here in the United States
- Self Study: Philosophy and Macro economics since age 8 (which is the reason why I am an Atheist since birth).
- Global Secular Humanist Movement - its roots started from a local group I created in Iraq, today it has more than 195,000 Followers and growing.
- Branches: 5 so far across the world. And 7 will be created this year.
- Secular Post - Media platform for Secularists from all over the world to publish their ideas and thoughts (especially in countries with limited free speech and Atheists are prosecuted)
- Written for publications such as : Big Think, National Post, Washington Post
- Speeches: Found on YouTube
- Located in Madison, WI
- Former evangelical minister
- Co-president of Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Author of Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist
- Author of Godless: How An Evangelical Preacher Became One of America's Leading Atheists (with a foreword by Richard Dawkins)
- Author of The Good Atheist: Living a Purpose-Filled Life Without God
- Dynamic Speaker and Debater (and singer!)
- Frequent media appearances including the Phil Donahue show, Maury Povich, Hannity & Colmes, and Oprah Winfrey
- Co-host of Freethought Radio
- Located in Colorado Springs, CO
- Teaches Ethics, Logic, and Philosophy of Science at the US Air Force Academy
- Faculty Advisor for the USAFA Cadet Freethinkers Club
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Military Association of Atheists and Freetinkers (MAAF)
- Have spoken at various atheist conferences, to include AAIC, AHA, and The Amaz!ing Meeting
- Jamila is a journalist living in DC
- She hosts a radio show entitled "The Sex, Politics And Religion Hour: SPAR With Jamila"
- Has worked with NPR
- Writes extensively, with a new book due out soon, which involves religion in the lives of African Americans
- Find Jamila on Twitter @jbey
- Located in Portland, OR
- Philosopher in the Portland State University Philosophy Department
- Has helped countless people to lose their faith
- Will teach you how to help others lose their faith
- Located in Asheville, NC
- One of a small handful of openly non-theist politicians in the U.S., dubbed the most Courageous Elected Official of 2010 by the American Atheists.
- Author of Whale Falls: An exploration of belief and its consequences, and The Prince of War: Billy Graham's Crusade for a Wholly Christian Empire.
- Winner of national and regional awards for investigative reporting, criticism, humorous commentary and slam poetry.
- Author of Geoffrey Wasn't Rash (chapbook and tape) and Can We Have Archaic and Idiot? A collection of fictitious tropes.
- Located near Grand Rapids, MI.
- Owner of the Freethought Blogs network and the popular blog Dispatches from the Culture Wars.
- President and co-founder of Michigan Citizens for Science.
- Recipient of the Friend of Darwin award from the National Center for Science Education.
- Host of Culture Wars Radio on WPRR in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Former stand-up comedian.
- Located in Atlanta, GA Former president (2008-2010) and current board member, American Atheists
- Former executive director, Council for Secular Humanism
- Former president, Atlanta Freethought Society (AFS)
- Life member, American Atheists, Council for Secular Humanism, FFRF, AFS Author of many chapters, essays, LTEs; editor and publisher
- Co-editor/compiler, with his son Michael, Quotations That Support Separation of State and Church, 2nd Edition (Freethought Press)
- Located in San Francisco, CA
- Author of the widely-read and well-respected
- Regular atheist correspondent for AlterNet
- Creator of the "Atheist Meme of the Day" on Facebook
- Professional writer and editor on atheism, sexuality and sex-positivity, LGBT issues, politics, culture, and other issues since 1989
- Follow Greta on Twitter @GretaChristina
- Author of Why Are You Atheists So Angry? 99 Things That Piss Off the Godless
| Tom Clark|
- Located in Boston, MA
- Founder, Center for Naturalism.
- Developer of Naturalism.Org, a leading Web resource on worldview naturalism, its implications and applications.
- Author, Encountering Naturalism: A Worldview and Its Uses and many publications and presentations on naturalism, free will, science, addiction, and criminal and social justice.
- Host and moderator, Philosophy CafĂ© at Harvard Book Store in Cambridge, MA.
- Located in Seattle, WA
- Ex-Mormon turned atheist
- Undercover participant in Christian gay-to-straight programs
- Journalist who frequently covers religion
- Located in Somerville, MA
- Vice-Chair of the Humanist Graduate Community at Harvard
- Assistant Editor of The New Humanism
- Founder of Temple of the Future
- Humanist Celebrant
- Located in Vancouver, Canada
- Anti-racist, skeptic atheist, feminist, humanist
- Author of The Crommunist Manifesto at Freethought Blogs
- Health economist, health services researcher
- Located in Southern California
- Blogger at Skepchick (http://skepchick.org/author/heina/)
- Former Muslim, current atheist
- Author of A Skeptic's Guide to Islam (forthcoming title from Pitchstone Publishing)
- Does well both alone and in panels
- Twitter handle: @futilityfiles
- Find out more info here.
- Located in Rural Louisiana
- Jerry is a Public Speaker, Author and Celebrant with the Humanist Society
- Is a board member for The Clergy Project
- Is a board member for Foundation Beyond Belief
- He is the author of Hope After Faith
- His website can be found at jerrydewitt.net or HopeAfterFaith.com
- Twitter: @jerry_dewitt
- Located in Austin, TX
- President, Atheist Community of Austin
- Host of The Atheist Experience Live!
- Co-Host of The Non-Prophets
- Located in Columbus, OH
- Co-Founder of Skepticon
- Located in San Pedro, CA
- Steering Committee Member of IIG West (Independent Investigation Group) - an affiliate branch of CFI (Center for Inquiry, Skeptical Inquirer Magazine)
- Editorial Board of Skeptic magazine since inception
- Performing Magic Castle performer since 1975
- Author of Feral House Publishing: "Psychic Blues" reviewed in New York Times, Daily Mail UK and availble at amazon.com
- Recently on the Halloween episode of "The Jeff Probst Show" and "Inside Edition" showing how psychics defraud the public.
- Find his website at www.themarkedward.com.
|Fred Edwords |
- Located in Washington, D.C.
- Guidance and expertise in SSA publications
- Input into mutual cooperation between SSA and AHA
- Contributions to SSA literature and content
- Participation in the Speaker Series and Debate Circuit
- Located in Las Vegas, NV
- Ph.D student in the Department of Sociology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Studies Evangelical Apostasy and deconversion processes
- Secular Student Alliance UNLV board member (2011-2012)
- Former Evangelical believer and meat eater
- Click here for her UNLV faculty page
- Located in Champaign, IL
- Phil is a long time skeptic/atheist and avid supporter of those movements
- A board member of SSA (Secular Student Alliance) and former board member for AAI (Atheist Alliance International)
- The founder of Champaign Urbana Freethinkers
- Was an atheist raising fundamentalist kids and decided that he wanted to help his kids out of religion
- Phil can speak on atheism 101, homeopathy, skepticism, vaccines, and breaking the cycle of religion
- Located in San Francisco, CA
- Writer, Public Speaker, Historical Researcher
- Director/Co-Founder of both the world's first Atheist Film Festival and Evolutionpalooza!, San Francisco's oldest annual Darwin Day celebration
- Author of NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All
- Has spoken around the country at national conventions such as American Atheists, American Humanist Association, Rapture Day, and Skepticon
|Scott Forschler |
- Located in St. Cloud, MN
- PhD in Philosophy (U of MN, 2004), emphasis in ethical theory
- former member of Campus Atheists and Secular Humanists (U of MN), Minnesota Atheists
- previously taught philosophy at several Minnesota community colleges and the University of Minnesota
- author of several peer-reviewed articles and conference presentations on ethics
- author of the upcoming book The Logic of Morality, to be published by Rowman & Littlefield
- currently a philosophy instructor at St. Cloud Technical and Community College
|Annie Laurie Gaylor|
- Located in Madison, WI
- Co-founder and Co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Editor of Freethought Today (1985-2009; now executive editor not acting editor)
- Author of "Woe to the Women: the Bible tells Me So", "Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children", & "Women Without Superstition: No Gods - No Masters"
- Twitter: @algaylor
| Rahuldeep Singh Gill |
- Located in Los Angeles
- Director of the Center for Equality and Justice
- Professor of Global Religions
- Expert on Sikh traditions and Indian religions
- Also teach a course on Jewish, Christian, and Muslim scriptures
- Located in Austin, TX.
- Professional software engineer with a Master's Degree from the University of Texas.
- Raised as an atheist with a Jewish cultural background, by two Ph.D physicists.
- Has been participating in the Atheist Experience TV show since 2000.
- Founding member of The Non-Prophets radio show in 2002.
- Active blogger on Freethoughtblogs.com.
- Has been in dialogues with Ray Comfort, Matt Slick, and Charles Colson.
- Located in Tampa Bay, FL
- Former executive director for the Humanists of Florida Association.
- Author: The Humanist Approach to Happiness: Practical Wisdom Writer and producer of An Introduction to Humanism on DVD
- Tampa Humanist and Freethought Examiner for Examiner.com
- Writes a freelance column about Humanism for the Bradenton Herald newspaper.
- Writes the Happiness through Humanism blog and podcast.
- Located in San Leandro, CA.
- Spoken word artist from Oakland, CA.
- Writes skeptical and atheist themed poetry
- Blogger at Mad Art Lab, Where art meets science and skepticism
- Has performed at The Reason Rally, 2012 AAcon, SkeptiCal, Sacramento Free Thought Day, Godless Perverts
- Story Hour, and Blackout Secular Rally, and will be at 2014 AAcon in Salt Lake City.
- Owner of Reuschelle's Cheesecakes.
- Twitter: @reuschelles
- Located in San Rafael, California
- Non-theistic freethinker; "Nature Chaplain"
- Instructor in "natural spirituality" through Cherry Hill Seminary; adjunct instructor, Dominican University and Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley
- Nine published books including Life After Faith
- Presbyterian Minister for 14 years (1987-2001; Master of Divinity degree from San Francisco Theological Seminary; parish associate for 10 years; left ordination for reasons of conscience)
- Interfaith Chaplain in county jails--10,000 inmates per year-- and with unhoused, homeless poor--in one of the nation's wealthiest counties-- for 20 years (directed county emergency shelter for 2 winters)
- Taught courses in congregations on World Religions and Sacred Scriptures
- Philosophy major, Seattle Pacific University--evangelical college
- Former Evangelical (high school through college attended Baptist, Pentecostal,
Protestant, Campus Crusade and House Church congregations; youth group leader; wide biblical and ecumenical knowledge)
|Keith Lowell Jensen|
- Founder and resident atheist on The Coexist? Comedy Tour
- Host of popular YouTube series Atheist Church
- Has performed with Robin Williams, Doug Stanhope, Norm Macdonald, and a bunch of other big shots
- Has the number one highest selling album featuring bunny rabbits with breasts on the cover
- Located in Nashua, NH
- Mary was a nun in Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity for 20 years before abandoning her religious faith to rejoice in her freedom
- Mary enjoys helping bridge the communicaton gap between secular and religous people, since she understands how good people on both sides work
- An Unquenchable Thirst, her memoir about her 20 years as a nun, was named to Kirkus Revew's list of Best Nonfiction of the Year
- She’s been interviewed by Rosie O’Donnell and on national radio in the US, Canada and Australia
- She is Creative Director of Retreats for A Room of Her Own Foundation
- Her opnion pieces have appeared in The Washington Post, USA Today, National Public Radio, the Huffington Post, and Bloomberg.com
- Mary has been intervewed by The Friendly Atheist and Daylight Athesm, and has an article upcoming in The Humanist magazne.
- Mary is in the process of becomng a Humanist Celebrant and is eager for the opportunity to help nonreligious people celebrate special moments in meaningful ways.
Mary is happy to speak on these topics:
- Living an Authentic Life: Big Concept, Practical Steps
- When Everything Changes Overnight
- The Joys of Doubt
- Herding Cats: Building Secular Community
- Godless Heathen within a Religious Family: Avoiding Domestic Armageddon
- This I Believe: A Weekend Workshop to Help Clarify Your Thoughts about Life and Living Well
|Jamie Kilstein |
- Located in Brooklyn, NY
- Comedian and Co-Host of Citizen Radio
- As seen on MSNBC, Conan O'Brien, Showtime, and more
- Doesn't hate women
- Performed at The Reason Rally, Global Atheist Convention etc
- Twitter handle: @jamiekilsteind
- Located in Los Angeles, CA
- Contributing author to The Fundamentals of Extremism: the Christian Right in America
- Contributing author to Everything You Know About God Is Wrong : The Disinformation Guide to Religion
- Contributing author to Parenting Beyond Belief
- Past president, Atheist Alliance International
- Vice President Atheist Alliance of America
- Board Member, Camp Quest Incorporated
- Located in New York, NY
- Author of the blog Daylight Atheism
- Cited in Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion
- Won first prize in a science-writing contest judged by Steven Pinker
- Was singled out in campaign attack ads in 2008 run by a Republican senator
- Lifetime member of the Freedom from Religion Foundation
- Located in Westhampton, MA
- Seth Lepore is a writer, humorist and performing artist living in the woods of MA.
- His one-man show Losing My Religion: Confessions of a New Age Refugee was one the top ten plays of 2011 according to the Twin Cities Daily Planet.
- Lepore has a chameleon like ability to shape shift between characters on stage.
- Lepore grew up Catholic, became a Buddhist for a while, tried out a plethora of new age versions of spirituality and is now a very happy agnostic.
- Lepore is Italian, not French.
- Lepore met Hulk Hogan on a plane when he was nine and got his autograph on a napkin which he promptly lost the next day.
- Lepore never refers to himself as Lepore. He's just doing that now because you're supposed to sound grown up when referring to yourself in the third person.
- Located in Columbus, OH
- Director of Campus Organizing at the Secular Student Alliance
- Proponent of nontheistic involvement in interfaith programs
- Advisor for Foundation Beyond Belief "Challenge the Gap" program
- Located in Ft. Wayne, IN
- Three master's degrees in the area of the Philosophy of Religion
- Former Christian Minister & Apologist
- Earned a master's degree under the infamous Christian apologist William Lane Craig.
- Author of Why I Became an Atheist: A Former Preacher Rejects Christianity - named best atheist book of the decade by Common Sense Atheism
- Editor of The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails, which received the 2010 Atheist/Agnostic About.com Reader's Choice Award.
- The only skeptic with a reasonable set of credentials that William Lane Craig refuses to debate! Let's Recap Why William Lane Craig Refuses to Debate Me
- John will come with or without his trade-mark bad-boy hat (it costs extra without it). ;-)
- Located in Ripon, WI
- Professor of Communication at Ripon College, in Ripon, WI
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Public Address from Penn State University
- Teaches courses on the rhetoric of social movements, U.S public address, political campaign communication, public speaking, argumentation theory, and metaphor and social problems
- Advises the Secular Student Alliance at Ripon College
|David G. McAfee|
- Author of Mom, Dad, I'm an Atheist: The Guide to Coming Out as a Non-Believer and Disproving Christianity and other Secular Writings
- Contributor to American Atheist Magazine and Canadian Freethinker
- Graduated with BA in Religious Studies and English
- Located in Sacramento, CA
- Professor, Dept of Philosophy, California State University
- His teaching website can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/mccormickphilosophy/
- He runs a blog, Atheism: Proving the Negative, at http://atheismblog.blogspot.com/
- Ph.D. in philosophy from the University of Rochester
- Has studied the philosophy of religion, epistemology, atheism, and critical thinking for over 20 years
- About to release a book entitled Atheism and the Case Against Christ
- Has lectured extensively to student groups, at atheism and philosophy conferences, public groups, and others.
- Seattle, WA
- Member of the Secular Student Alliance Board of Directors
- Co-founder and former President of the Society of Non-Theists at Purdue University
- Blogger at Blag Hag (www.blaghag.com)
- Creator of the widespread "Boobquake" event
- Contributor to the American edition of The Atheist's Guide to Christmas
- Profiled in More Magazine in an article on the new feminists
- Located in Atlanta, GA
- Editor/co-author of Parenting Beyond Belief and Raising Freethinkers
- Author of freethought satirical novels Calling Bernadette's Bluff and Good Thunder Editor of Voices of Unbelief: Documents of Atheists and Agnostics (2012)
- Founding Executive Director of Foundation Beyond Belief
- 2008 Harvard Humanist of the Year
- Author of Atheism for Dummies
- Located in Chicago, IL
- Former Chair of the SSA Board of Directors
- Current Chair of the Foundation Beyond Belief
- Author of I Sold My Soul on eBayAuthor of the Friendly Atheist blog
- Twitter: @hemantmehta
|Ashley F. Miller|
- Located in Columbia, SC
- Worked in reality television as an editor -- shows included Toddlers & Tiaras, Flipping Out, and Ace of Cakes
- Currently getting PhD in Mass Communications, focusing on Women's Studies and Reality TV
- Plays the Ukulele
- MFA from FSU's Film Conservatory
- Located in Cranford, New Jersey
- Public Relations Director, American Atheists
- Former Secular Student Alliance Volunteer Network Coordinator and summer intern
- Former student group leader (SASHA at University of Missouri)
- Co-editor of the SSA Group Running Guide, 4th ed.
- Blogger for Humanist Community at Harvard, muSASHA.org, and SkepticFreethought.com
- Former professional Christian worship musician
- Also available for debates!
- Twitter handle: @DaveMuscato
| David Niose|
- Located in Lunenburg, Massachusetts
- Author of Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans
- President of the American Humanist Association
- Attorney who has litigated on behalf of Secular Americans
- Humanist blog at Psychology Today, called "Our Humanity, Naturally."
- Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Philosophy prof at Carnegie Mellon University
- Author of the Humanist Network News's "Brainstormin" series
- Contributor to Free Inquiry magazine
- Located in Columbus, OH
- Secular Student Alliance Development Director
- Founder of local Columbus atheist organizations Omnipresent Atheists and Heathen Chicks
- Past Chair of Students for Freethought at Ohio State for 2 years
- Past Board member of Secular Student Alliance for 2 years
- YouTuber 'healthyaddict' (http://www.youtube.com/user/healthyaddict)
- Located in Alberta, CA.
- Born and raised in the "God Hates Fags" Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas.
- Left home on the night of his 18th birthday and ostracized from my family since.
- Was married for 23 years and raised four children.
- After another 20+ years in mainstream Christianity he reasoned his way to atheism.
- Executive Director of the Centre for Inquiry Canada in Calgary, Alberta.
- On the board of directors of Recovering From Religion.
- Located in Dallas, TX
- Producer of the 'Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism' video series
- Regular co-host of the Magic Sandwich Show on BlogTV
- Occasional co-host on the Atheist Experience TV show
- Member of American Atheists and the Fellowship of Freethought
- Located in Bonner Springs, KS
- Organizational psychologist with lifelong interest in the psychology of religion
- Author of three books, two in organizational psychology and one on religious infection
- Principal researcher on the recent report: Sex and Secularism: What Happens When You Leave Religion, A survey of 10,000 American secularists
- Founder of Recovering from Religion - "Learning the joy of faith free living" www.recoveringreligionists.com
- Raised in a fundamentalist home.
- Professional speaker, trainer and consultant
- Hobbies include mountain climbing, skiing, gardening, reading and travel
- Located in Grand Rapids, MI
- Extensive debate experience.
- Co-host of the Reasonable Doubts Radio show Podcast.
- Currently serves as board member of CFI Michigan.
|Andrew L. Seidel|
- Lives in Madison, WI and loves to travel
- Degrees include:
- Bachelor of Science in neuroscience and environmental science, cum laude
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Masters of Law, summa cum laude
- Speaking events:
- Awards include:
- FFRF Graduate Student Essay Contest, Second Place 2010
- Haber J. McCarthy Excellence in Environmental Law Award
- Outstanding Masters of Law Student, Denver University Law School
- Article on debunking the Christian Nation Myth and the myth that the US was founded on Judeo-Christian Principles, which he is expanding into a book right now!
- Andrew frequently writes for FFRF’s blog, including publishing his groundbreaking archaeological discovery—a letter written from Jesus to Joseph that he translated with a magic seeing stone and hat (it’s satire folks).
- Our First Freedom: Exposing the Catholic Church’s attempt to Redefine Religious Liberty
- Guest blogger for Forbes.com. Read here and here.
- Forthcoming book on international human rights
- Attorney, Photographer, Writer, and Former Grand Canyon Tour Guide.
- Piscataway, NJ
- President of American Atheists
- founded the Alliance of Lucent and AT&T Atheists and Secularists
- has appeared on many television boradcasts including The O'Reilly Factor and NPR's All Things Considered
- Twitter: @MrAtheistPants
|Sam Singleton, Atheist Evangelist|
- Located in West Virginia
- Sam Singleton is the world's first and only full-time Atheist Evangelist, so far as we know.
- Brother Sam is a fictional character created and portrayed onstage by Roger Scott Jackson.
- He is the author of PATRIARCHS AND PENISES, A Comedy in Two Acts, (2008) TOO BIG FOR GOD, (2009) and IF THE OCEAN WAS WHISKEY AND GOD WAS A DUCK, The Humorous Tale of a Child Evangelist (2010).
- He has performed his comedic works in more than a hundred venues and towns in the US and Canada, in saloons, theaters, universities and at conferences.
- Brother Sam has frequently and favorably been compared to Mark Twain, Clarence Darrow, George Carlin, and Foghorn Leghorn.
- Brother Sam, or his creator, Roger Scott Jackson, is also available for extemporaneous discussions, question and answer sessions, interviews and debates on many subjects, but neither one will debate the existence of god.
- Located in Garland, TX
- Host of Dogma Debate (Global Radio & iTunes Podcast)
- Former editor of the American Atheist Magazine
- Author of Baptized Atheist
- Founder of Dogma Debate, LLC (audiobook publishing & podcast production services for atheists)
- Participated in numerous public debates with preachers, including live FM radio debates
- Takes pride in a peaceful approach to the opposition
|James Sutter |
- Located in Seattle, WA.
- Co-creator of the Pathfinder RPG, currently the best-selling tabletop roleplaying game in the world.
- Professional author, game designer, and worldbuilder.
- Author of the novels Death's Heretic and The Redemption Engine, a fantasy series about an atheist in a world where gods are objectively real.
- Ranked #3 on Barnes & Noble's Best Fantasy Releases of 2011. Finalist for an Origins Award and the Compton Crook Award for Best First Novel, and winner of numerous ENnie awards for setting and game design.
- Regular guest speaker at Gen Con, World Fantasy Convention, Norwescon, Paizocon, Clarion West Writer's Workshop, and more.
- Twitter: @jameslsutter
- Located in Reston, VA
- President and Founder of non-profit Hispanic American Freethinkers
- Host of the secular HAFree Podcast (in Spanish)
- Freemason for over 15 years
- Teaches critical thinking seminars to high schools in Northern Virginia (Washington, DC suburbs)
- BS in Computer Science from George Washington Univ.
- MS in Management of Information Technology, University of Virginia
- Twitter handle: @davidfromhafree
- Located in Atlanta, GA
- Born and raised in New York City
- Never formally raised religious
- Married with 3 children
- A founder and President of Black Nonbelievers, Inc.
- Current board member of Foundation Beyond Belief
- Twitter: @mandy0904